Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ideal with roast beef, they are crispy and light, work every time. YUM
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup plain flour (heaped measure)
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the the centre of the flour and add the eggs and with either a electric hand whisk or by a hand whisk start to incorporate the flour from the edges. As the mixture starts to thicken add a little of the milk and water, continue until all liquid is added and mix till smooth.
- Leave for about 15 minutes to half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7, 425°F.
- Pour a little oil into a 12 muffin tin (or yorkshire pudding) an place in oven for about 10 minutes Remove from oven and pour batter mixture into tin as quickly as possible. Place tin back into oven on a high shelf and leave to cook for about 34-40 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
I had never had Yorkshire pudding before trying this recipe, but I'll definitely be having it again. These were just perfect to serve with my roast beef and mushroom gravy, as the puddings made a perfect little cup for holding the gravy. They were very easy to make, and they came out of the oven golden brown and crispy on top, soft in the middle. Thanks for posting a great recipe!