Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don’t know how traditional this is but I sure like it.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag egg noodles
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crushed sour cream and cheddar potato chips
- Preheat oven to 400°; cook noodles per package directions; drain.
- Stir soup, milk, tuna, and cheese into noodles.
- Spread noodle mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes; top with crushed chips and bake 3-5 more minutes.
- *Make add 1 cup cooked peas to the noodle mixture before baking.
I gave this 3 stars. I like tuna noodle casserole. This is almost exactly how I make tuna noodle cassserole. I did not use the crushed potato chips on the top until I found this recipe. I added 2 heaping handfuls of the potato chips to the casserole when mixing it up and think next time I'll add more. I useually use seasoned bread crumbs. I always put canned peas in my tuna noodle casserole. I also added a extra 1/2 cup of milk. I season my casserole with salt & pepper. I used grated white cheddar. I had to bake my casserole on 350 for 1/2 as 400 for 15 minutes did not get the center warm. I really liked the crushed potato chips in this casserole. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)