- 2 cups dry white wine (such as Fendant)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry English-style mustard
- 4 cups gruyere cheese, shredded (1 lb)
- 4 cups shredded Fontina cheese or 4 cups emmenthaler cheese or 4 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 ounces kirsch
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 lb French bread, cut into bite sized cubes or 1 lb red potatoes, cut in half & boiled
Directions See How It's Made
- In fondue pot, heat wine, lemon juice and mustard to boiling; then reduce heat to low.
- Toss cheese with arrowroot and gradually add cheese mixture to wine mixture in pot, stirring constantly.
- When cheese is melted, stir in kirsch.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg, and serve with french bread or potatoes.