1 hr 5 mins
Chef #1324084's Note:
This is Cooking Light's version of the holiday classic, originally published in 2007 and referenced in Real Simple's Holiday Guide 2010. This is the ulitmate recipe, containing pecans AND mini-marshmallows. I rewrote the instructions to avoid copy-right infringement.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 11x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 2In a small stock pot add the cubed sweet potatoes and cover with water. Heat over medium-high until boiling then reduce to medium heat and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- 3Remove potatoes from water and set aside in a large bowl.
- 4Combine the brown sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla in the bowl with potatoes and mash until blended.
- 5Add the pecans and gently stir to mix.
- 6Spread the mix evenly into your baking dish and top with remaining pecans then marshmallows.
- 7Bake until lightly browned; approximately 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.4
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 290.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 1.5 g