Recipe by Um Safia
Published for ZWT III. Recipe from cooks.com. Very simple to make, can be doubled and baked in a 'Bundt' pan or as in recipe states to create almond slices
Top Review by flitterflychef13
So good! Everyone loves it, I will be making again soon :) Followed recipe very closely, just added some heavy cream to make up using non-fat milk and just a sprinkle of the cinnamon. When served warm with powdered sugar, it was incredible! I sprayed the pan heavily and it still stuck on the bottom, really the only problem I had. Was ready in exactly 50 minutes as stated. Thank you!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Beat sugar, egg, almond extract and milk together. Add flour and baking powder, then cinnamon, finally adding the butter.
- Spray baking dish (approx. 10" by 7") with spray oil or any non-stick coating. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until skewer or toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Cool for 20 minutes, then remove from pan.
- When ready to serve dust with icing sugar and cut cake into slices approximately 1" by 3.5".