Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Published for ZWT III. Recipe from cooks.com. Very simple to make, can be doubled and baked in a 'Bundt' pan or as in recipe states to create almond slices
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F Beat sugar, egg, almond extract and milk together. Add flour and baking powder, then cinnamon, finally adding the butter.
- Spray baking dish (approx. 10" by 7") with spray oil or any non-stick coating. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until skewer or toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Cool for 20 minutes, then remove from pan.
- When ready to serve dust with icing sugar and cut cake into slices approximately 1" by 3.5".
So good! Everyone loves it, I will be making again soon :) Followed recipe very closely, just added some heavy cream to make up using non-fat milk and just a sprinkle of the cinnamon. When served warm with powdered sugar, it was incredible! I sprayed the pan heavily and it still stuck on the bottom, really the only problem I had. Was ready in exactly 50 minutes as stated. Thank you!
Delish! I left out the cinnamon. It did stick to the pan. Next time (AND THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME!), I will flour the pan as well as spraying it. Someone brought this to a conference I attended. I did not have her recipe, but just searched for "almond cake" and was delighted to find this recipe. It tastes just like the one I sampled. PERFECT! EDIT: I have made this about 10 times now and it gets rave reviews from all who try it. THANK YOU!!!
I LOVE this. Almond is my favorite flavoring! I leave out the cinnamon and bake in a loaf pan. When cool, slice about an inch thick, top with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle with chocolate syrup, and add a cherry. DELICIOUS!