1 hr 30 mins
Cooking CF's Note:
This is a combination of many lasagna recipes. This version is our favorite and comes close to what I always think of as a true restaurant style lasagna. I like to cook my own noodles, but you can also use no bake lasagna noodles and just add a 1 1/2 cups of water to the bottled sauces. You can also substitute ground beef or chicken for the turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb Italian sausage, spicy, ground
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2.5 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, tomato and basil flavor
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1Turn on oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil with the salt and cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and cool, cover with water to prevent sticking.
- 3Cook sausage and ground turkey in a large skillet, set aside. In same skillet saute onion and mushrooms 5 minutes. Add garlic, saute 1 minute. Drain off excess fat if necessary. Add sugar and mix with meat mixture.
- 4In another bowl mix ricotta cheese, eggs, basil and parsley.
- 5Mix mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- 6In a 13x9 lasgna pan layer ingredients in the following order: spaghetti sauce, lasagna noodles, ricotta mixture, meat mixture, mozzarella cheese, repeat twice ending with another layer of spaghetti sauce.
- 7Bake covered for 1 hour. Uncover and sprinkle top with provolone and remaning 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and bake an additional 20-30 minutes untill hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Supreme Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1026.2
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 218.9 mg
- Sodium 3515.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 60.8 g