- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces margarine or 4 ounces butter
- 12 cups dry bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Saute vegetables in margarine until onion is transparent.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix bread, cooked vegetables and seasonings.
- Add the chicken broth slowly to the bread, tossing until evenly and thoroughly moist.
- Place dressing in prepared baking dish.
- Bake until thoroughly heated and lightly browned; about 1/2 hour.