Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces margarine or 4 ounces butter
- 12 cups dry bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Saute vegetables in margarine until onion is transparent.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix bread, cooked vegetables and seasonings.
- Add the chicken broth slowly to the bread, tossing until evenly and thoroughly moist.
- Place dressing in prepared baking dish.
- Bake until thoroughly heated and lightly browned; about 1/2 hour.
This is just like my Grandma's. Thanks Dave!!! I added a bit more broth because I like my dressing moist. But this have excellent flavor with out being over powering.
This was very easy to make, though I doubled the amount of broth to make sure it was nice and moist. I used both turkey and chicken broth, used celery seed instead of actual celery and added a bit more sage. It was my first time making stuffing and a stuffing expert had no complaints!