Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from Paula Deen's show Paula's Home Cooking, Episode: Southern Favorites ya'll! This is how I grew up eating deviled eggs. Simple, and delicious!
- 7 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 22.18 ml sweet pickle relish
- 4.92 ml prepared mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnishing
- sweet gherkin, sliced for garnishing
- pimiento, for garnishing
- Halve 7 eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, pickle relish, and mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture.
- Garnish with paprika, pickles and pimentos.
- Store covered in refrigerator. Enjoy!
Yummy! I also grew up eating deviled eggs like this. I left out the pimientos since we don't like them. Very simple but very good! Made for Zaar's Newest Star Tag Game 2011.
I am from Texas and for the most part, this is the recipe I used for Deviled Eggs. That said, I tried other recipes from food.com to be sure, as I was having guests over. In my opinion (and I have eaten all over the world), this simple recipe is best. Most consumers will agree. When you get into adding onions or vinegar or bacon, etc, fewer people will like them. In this case, simple is best.
Would it seem ridiculous if I jammed one whole egg in my mouth. Oh, it would? Perfect! Made for A-NZ#60.