Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Use cooked, raw or frozen shrimp. The sauce is perfectly spicy. This recipe counts for 1 protein and 1 vegetable, so the serving is a little small. You'll definitely want to dip your Melba toast or grissini in the sauce and have your fruit for "dessert." This recipe is from The HCG Diet Cookbook Gourmet Success.
- 100 g raw shrimp (approx. 10-12 small to medium)
- 2 ounces low-sodium tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 dash mustard powder
- 4 drops stevia
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Steam shrimp until pink and well cooked. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Mix all other ingredients together and chill to allow spices to marinate. Add water as needed for desired consistency.
- Can be served on ice or lettuce leaves.