One of my signature recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 Victoria sponge cake, sliced
- 3/4 lb raspberry jam
- 10 fluid ounces cream sherry
- 2 tablespoons drambuie (can substitute brandy)
- 1 (3 ounce) package Bird's Eye custard or 1 (3 ounce) package Jell-o custard or 1 (3 ounce) package egg custard or 1 (3 ounce) package vegetarian egg custard
- 3/4 lb raspberries
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced (optional)
- 8 fluid ounces double cream
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- toasted almond, to garnish
- fresh soft fruit slices, to garnish
- 1Prepare custard according to package directions OR prepare homemade custard as follows: Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla essence until pale and creamy.
- 2Heat the milk and cream together in a saucepan until boiling point then stir into the egg mixture.
- 3Once it is well blended, return to the pan and stir continuously over a low heat until the custard thickens.
- 4Pour into a dish and set aside to cool.
- 5Place the sponge in the base of a large glass bowl and spread with the raspberry jam.
- 6Mix the sherry and the Drambuie and sprinkle evenly over the sponge allowing it to soak inches.
- 7Next add a layer of raspberries and sliced bananas.
- 8When quite cool, pour the custard over the layer of fruit, spreading evenly.
- 9Next whip the double cream well, add sugar to sweeten and spoon on top of custard.
- 10Decorate with toasted almonds and/or slices of fresh soft fruit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Scottish Sherry Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.9
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 159.9 mg
- Sodium 70.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Victoria sponge cake
Bird's Eye custard