Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another recipe I found on rampantscotland.com which is resourceful, easy, rich and makes a huge amount. Hope you enjoy this. This is the description of this on their web site. In the old days, when biscuits were sold loose, grocers sold mixed, broken biscuits at a lower price. This recipe was a good way of using them up and as a cake which requires no cooking, it can be easily made by the kids as well as experienced cooks. (Cooking time is set up time)
- 1 lb chocolate
- 1 lb butter or 1 lb firm margarine
- 1 lb broken mixed biscuit (cookies)
- 1⁄2 lb chopped mixed, roasted nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the butter and chocolate together and stir.
- Mix in the well broken biscuits, nuts and essence/extract and pour into a 10" by 15" baking tin, lined with greaseproof paper.
- Smooth to a level top and leave it to set. Cut into fingers (literally a finger thick).
Tried this today again with different cookies..used Graham Crackers this time and it turned out nice. Very easy to make. Thanks!