Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Small oat biscuits that are traditionally eaten in Scotland with cheese or pate' as a snack, we sometimes have them for a light lunch with a side salad.Last time I made them we had #211001 French Tarts French onion marmalade,with them and it was a perfect addition.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c or 400f.
- Cover a baking tpay with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the lard until compleately melted.
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl and add melted lard and water.
- Mix until dough is formed.
- Sprinkle some oatmeal on work surface and roll out dough about 1/2 centimetre thick and cut out as many as you can.
- Place oatcakes in oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the edges are browning.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
We really enjoyed these tasty treats. Tried them with marmalade and with artichoke "caviar", both worked well. Actually, the only problem we had was that we had to make a second batch as the first had disappeared. Thanks for posting this Tea Jenny. Made for ZWT6