Recipe by submrnfamily
This is a very basic typical stuffing. The sage complements the turkey exceedingly well. It is a down and dirty no frills bread stuffing.
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 3 cups minced celery (stalks and leaves)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 16 slices white bread, dried and broken into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions and celery in 4 tablespoons butter until soft.
- In a large bowl, toss the dried bread, sage, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Add the onion mixture along with the remaining melted butter to the bread mixture.
- Beat the egg and add to the mixture.
- Toss until well mixed.
- Add the broth slowly while tossing mixture to moisten thoroughly, making sure to not make the stuffing soupy.
- Stuff the turkey or bake alongside in a greased casserole, in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes.