1/1 Photo of Traditional Sage Dressing
1 hr 15 mins
This is a very basic typical stuffing. The sage complements the turkey exceedingly well. It is a down and dirty no frills bread stuffing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onions and celery in 4 tablespoons butter until soft.
- 2In a large bowl, toss the dried bread, sage, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- 3Add the onion mixture along with the remaining melted butter to the bread mixture.
- 4Beat the egg and add to the mixture.
- 5Toss until well mixed.
- 6Add the broth slowly while tossing mixture to moisten thoroughly, making sure to not make the stuffing soupy.
- 7Stuff the turkey or bake alongside in a greased casserole, in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Sage Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.5
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 920.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 9.8 g