Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
TRADITIONAL ROAST BEEF WITH YORKSHIRE PUDDING Source:- Chef Graham Wilkinson
- 2 1⁄2 kg rolled roast beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dripping
- 1 tablespoon flour
- For the Gravy:- 1 Tbsp flour 2 Tbsp red wine 1 1/4 cups beef stock, or the water from cooked vegetables.
- Ground black pepper YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS 2 cups flour 1 tsp salt 4 eggs 1 1/2 cups milk 1 Tbsp cold water small pieces of dripping Rub the outside of the beef with garlic and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with flour and place into a preheated roasting dish with melted dripping.
- Roast at 180C for 25 minutes per 500g of meat for medium rare beef.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Leave to stand for 15 minutes before carving.
- Gravy:- Place roasting dish over a low heat, add the flour and stir well until you have a light brown mix.
- Gradually add the wine and stock until the gravy thickens.
- Check for seasonings.
- Serve over the roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.
- Yorkshire Pudding:- Place pieces or dripping into Yorkshire pudding dishes or deep muffin tins.
- Place these into a 220C oven until they start to smoke. Place all other ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into the tins, fill 3/4 full.
- Return to the oven, immediately and bake for 20 - 30 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve your roast with a selection of steamed, simmered and roasted vegetables.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.
The Yorkshire Pudding is really good, but the way the recipe is organized is kind of confusing.