1/2 Photos of Traditional Roast Beef With Gravy
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Nothing fancy here - sometimes you should just stick to tradition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Rub outside of meat with pepper, salt and garlic.
- 3Place on a rack in a baking dish; pour 1/3 cup water into bottom of baking dish.
- 4Roast beef, allowing 25 minutes per pound for medium rare, a little longer for well done.
- 5Cover loosely with foil.
- 6Stand for 15 minutes before carving.
- 7To prepare gravy: drain off all except 1 tblsp of fat from the baking dish.
- 8Place dish over a low heat.
- 9Add flour and stir well to incorporate all the bits and pieces in the dish.
- 10Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until well-browned, taking care not to burn.
- 11Combine wine, stock and tomato paste.
- 12Gradually stir into flour mixture.
- 13Heat, stirring constantly, until gravy boils and thickens.
- 14Cook for about 3 minutes.
- 15Season to taste.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Roast Beef With Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 975.7
- Calories from Fat 666
- Total Fat 74.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 260.8 mg
- Sodium 389.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 70.2 g