Recipe by cookalot #2
Recipe is from a calendar. It is your basic plain bread pudding. Serve with ice cream, cream, or a butterscotch sauce. A good way to use up day or two old bread.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups bread, cubed
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and 8 inches casserole dish.
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon, brown sugar, raisins, and salt.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture on bottom of casserole dish.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour over bread cubes and stir until well blended.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Place casserole dish in a shallow pan.
- Place in oven and pour about 1 inches hot water into shallow pan.
- Bake for 45 minute or until knife inserted comes out clean.