Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy appetizer or even light meal. Melted chihuahua cheese over fresh pico de gallo. Can buy fresh salsa or pico de gallo from deli. I prefer to put in warm torillas or can be served with tortilla chips. Meant to be eaten right out of the oven or shortly after, cheese will firm up if left out too long. Soooo Good!!
Picco De Gallo
- 2 -3 fresh tomatoes (diced)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro (handful, diced)
- green chili (diced small-optional)
- salt (sprinkle lightly)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb shredded chihuahua cheese (can add some queso quesidilla cheese also)
- 1 lb chorizo sausage (cooked, crumbled, mexican sausage) (optional)
- warmed tortillas or tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a pie plate, spray lightly with cooking spray and drizzle lightly with oil.
- Spread Picco De Gallo and chorizo (opt) in pie pan.
- Layer Chihuahua Cheese (and quesidilla cheese) on top.
- Place in over until cheese is throughly melted (place under broiler to brown a slight bit).
- Serve in warm torillas.