1/3 Photos of Traditional Queso Fundido
Easy appetizer or even light meal. Melted chihuahua cheese over fresh pico de gallo. Can buy fresh salsa or pico de gallo from deli. I prefer to put in warm torillas or can be served with tortilla chips. Meant to be eaten right out of the oven or shortly after, cheese will firm up if left out too long. Soooo Good!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Picco De Gallo
- 2 -3 fresh tomatoes (diced)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (handful, diced)
- green chili (diced small-optional)
- salt (sprinkle lightly)
- 1 -1 1/2 lb shredded chihuahua cheese (can add some queso quesidilla cheese also)
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2In a pie plate, spray lightly with cooking spray and drizzle lightly with oil.
- 3Spread Picco De Gallo and chorizo (opt) in pie pan.
- 4Layer Chihuahua Cheese (and quesidilla cheese) on top.
- 5Place in over until cheese is throughly melted (place under broiler to brown a slight bit).
- 6Serve in warm torillas.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Queso Fundido
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.3
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 704.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 25.2 g