Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe for Traditional Quesadillas found in a 1970s era Mexican cookbook from a newsgroup post 8/17/01 by Rich McCormack
- 2 cups masa harina
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 12 slices cheese
- roasted chile
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the other ingredients, adding the milk last and only adding enough to make a fairly stiff dough.
- Form small (3 to 4 inch) tortillas by hand or with a tortilla press.
- Place a slice of cheese and strip of roasted, peeled chile in the center of the tortilla.
- Fold over and seal the edges.
- Fry in hot (400 F.) lard or oil.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.