Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from a recipe for Traditional Quesadillas found in a 1970s era Mexican cookbook from a newsgroup post 8/17/01 by Rich McCormack
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the other ingredients, adding the milk last and only adding enough to make a fairly stiff dough.
- Form small (3 to 4 inch) tortillas by hand or with a tortilla press.
- Place a slice of cheese and strip of roasted, peeled chile in the center of the tortilla.
- Fold over and seal the edges.
- Fry in hot (400 F.) lard or oil.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.