Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe in the Classic Desserts Recipe Book from Borden. This recipe calls for sweetened condensed milk. It's extremely easy to make and can be made ahead of time.
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Sour Cream Topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- With mixer beat pumpkin,Eagle Brand, eggs, spices and salt.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°; bake 35 to 40 minutes longer.
- Garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Sour Cream Topping: In medium bowl, combine sour cream,sugar and vanilla extract.
- After pie has bake 30 minutes at 350º, spread sour cream topping evenly over top bake 10 minutes.
As always this was the best pumpkin pie ever! Thick an rich and so easy to make! My mom has always made them this way! Love it! Thanks for posting!
This was excellent! I made it yesterday and it turned out perfectly. The taste was delicious and it was very easy to put together. Thanks for a great recipe!
Super easy to make! The flavor is very light, not heavy or too spicey. The eaglebrand milk give it just the right sweetness. I will use this recipe again. Thanks for posting it!