Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Your Traditional Pumpkin Pie. Simple and tastes great!
Make and share this Traditional Pumpkin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 414.03 ml canned pumpkin
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml evaporated milk
- 1 frozen pie shell (or homemade if you like)
- Beat eggs lightly in medium bowl.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt; stir until well combined.
- Blend in evap. milk.
- Pour filling in pie shell. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and continue baking 30 to 35 mins longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
This is a great tasting pie. It was easy to make and it looked nice. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC 2013.
I think I prefer Libby's pumpkin pie recipe. It just tasted odd to me--I think the brown sugar threw me off.
Delicious! DH loves Pumpkin Pie, and declared this the best ever!!! I will be making this for the upcoming holidays! Thank you for posting! (I used dark brown sugar, which gave it a nice caramel flavor. Made for PAC fall 2008