1 hr 5 mins
PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this in a magazine at my son's dentist's office (Disney's Family Fun, I think but I'm not sure) and decided to try it. YUMMY! It's going to become a Halloween tradition in our house! It's SUPER easy and tastes sinfully delicious. It looks like a lot of steps but I broke them down to simplify them for other chefs. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf day old crusty Italian bread
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- whipped cream (to serve) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Coat an 8" square glass baking dish with butter.
- 3Slice the bread and remove the crust. Cut into 1" cubes. Place the cubes into the baking dish and sprinkle raisins (optional) over the top.
- 4Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- 5Add pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, whipping cream, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice to the eggs. Whisk until well blended.
- 6Pour pumpkin mixture over bread. Let stand 15-20 minutes, occasionally pushing down the bread cubes as they soak with a spoon.
- 7Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar over pudding.
- 8Place 8" square baking dish into a larger glass baking dish or roasting pan.
- 9Place pans on middle oven rack and pour hot water in bigger pan until it reaches halfway up the outside of the square dish with pudding in it.
- 10Bake until puffed and golden brown on top and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean; about 45-50 minutes.
- 11Remove from water bath and set on wire rack to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- 12Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 341.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g