Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
Wonderful for holidays or special occasions!
Make and share this Traditional Prime Rib recipe from Food.com.
- Combine rub ingredients; rub evenly over surface of rib roast.
- Place roast in preheated oven, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. DO NOT COVER OR ADD WATER.
- Insert meat thermometer in thickest part of roast, not touching bone or fat.
- Remove roast from oven when thermometer reaches desired doneness.
- Let stand tented with foil for 15 minutes before carving.
- Roast temperature will rise 5-10 degrees while standing.
- Cooking Info: Beef Rib Roast 8-10 lbs. in 325 degree oven, remove when meat temperature reaches: 135 degrees (med-rare) 19-21 minutes per lb.; 150 degrees (medium) 23-25 minutes per lb.
- Beef Rib Eye Roast 8-10 lb. in 350 degree oven, remove when meat temperature reaches: 135 degrees (med-rare) 13-15 minutes per lb.; 150 degrees (medium) 16-18 minutes per lb.
I got a great prime rib roast for 1/2 price and served this for my parents. What a treat! great recipe.
Terrific! I had an eight-pound boneless rib-eye roast and cooked it to medium. I cut the salt down to 1 tbsp but otherwise made this as written. My meat-loving husband and meat-loving boys loved this. Definitley company-worthy. Thanx for shring!