Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My first taste of this wonder (and potent) National Drink of Peru was at meeting of the Peruvian Congress of Cardiology. At the banquet that terminated the convention, I was introduced to the Peruvian National Drink – the “Pisco Sour.” This drink was so delicious, I had to have the recipe and was given the original recipe by my friend, Waldo Fernandez who had obtained it from the vineyard at Tabernero.
- 1 egg white
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 42.52 g Pisco (Peruvian Brandy, 1 shot glass)
- 6 limes, juice of
- chopped ice
- 0.25 ml Angostura bitters
- Beat the egg white and sugar in a blender.
- Add the Pisco, lime juice, ice and angostura bitters.
- Mix well and pour into whiskey sour glasses.