Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from http://decadenze.com/
- 300 g all-purpose flour, sifted
- 220 g golden syrup
- 70 g peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons alkaline water
- 1 egg (beaten for egg wash)
- 1 teaspoon water (beaten for egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Measure the amount of dough to put into wooden mould by using lotus paste wrapped in cellophane wrap. Weigh the amount of lotus paste used.
- Sift the flour into a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Pour the golden syrup, peanut oil and alkaline water into another bowl and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the liquid mix.
- Mix together the flour and the liquid mix till well mixed. Take care not to over-mix.
- Flour the wooden mould sparingly and knock out the excess flour.
- Weigh the dough in 40g lumps and press 1 lump into the wooden mould.
- Knock out the formed dough from the mould and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Continue the process for the rest of the lumps of dough.
- Spray the dough with water sparingly before putting it in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the half-baked biscuits from the oven and apply some egg wash.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven to cool on a wire rack.