Recipe by gimme_a_spachler'
There's no sense in going out and buying a pre-made frozen pie when you can make one that tastes better, not to mention cheaper. This also came from my mom's Southern Basics cookbook.
- 1 ready-made pie crust (the shortbread kind is perfect for this recipe)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 425.
- Keep pie crust refrigerated while you make the filling.
- Beat together the eggs with the sugar.
- Add syrup, salt, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Place nuts in the bottom of the pie crust and pour the filling over the nuts.
- Bake on the BOTTOM rack for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat down to just 350 and bake another 40 minutes, until the filling is set. If you need to, cover the pie with foil to keep the crust from burning.
- Cool before serving.