As recepies change over the centuries,and convenience stuffing "mixes" become more readily available,,,I thought I would put up the traditional English chestnut stuffing recipe for turkey and goose- just remember to 3 parts COOK the goose first,well draining the cavity-and save the lovely goose fat for your roast potatoes, This IS hard-as stuffing a partially cooked bird has no "give" in it-and burns your hands-so hold it in kitchen paper!, If you DONT pre-cook the goose,the stuffing fills with fat-so don't try it! It DOES keep a turkey lovely and moist,but add the cooking time for the weight of the stuffing accordingly-or alternately (tho' not as tastey) cook the stuffing seperately in a tin,or in balls for an hour.
- mix together the sausage meat and chestnut puree.
- at all the parsley finely chopped.
- add salt and pepper.
- very finely chop the 2 onions and add.
- finely chop 2 cloves of garlic and add.
- crush 2 cloves of garlic and add.
- mix the stuffing together with your hands untill it is all one colour.