Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serving and prep times are guesses as i have not made these yet. Source: KIETO'S DAILY RECIPE 3/10/04 The Irish version pasty (and this is particularly a Northern Irish delicacy) is round and flat, about 3/4 inch thick and consists of meat, potato and onion dipped in batter and fried. The English pasty, on the other hand, is a kind of meat and vegetable pie in a pastry crust. A "pasty supper" would include chips with the aforementioned pasty. We're going to do it the Irish way. Let's do it!
Irish Pasty ingredients
- 1 lb ground beef (cooked, drained)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 medium size potatoes (Boiled, mashed and cooled)
- Mix all of the above Irish Pasty ingredients and add:.
- 2 Tbls. chopped parsley.
- 1 medium size onion [Diced and sauteed].
- Form the pasty into approx 3-inch diameter patties.
- Dip into your favourite fish batter and cover all over.
- Deep fry in 375F oil and remove when a golden.
- Serve with chips (French Fries) cooked in same.
- oil. Woo hooooooo! :)).