Prep 3 hrs
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe is straight from the heart of New Orleans. I got it from the Farmer's Market about 5 years ago and have been using it ever since. ENJOY!
- Soak the red beans overnight or at least 3 hours in cold water.
- Drain off the water and put in a large pot and cover with water.
- In a skillet, brown the meats then add the onions and continue to cook until the onions are slightly browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the red beans and bring it to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until creamy.
- Serve with cooked rice and hot sauce.