Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A traditional Mexican shrimp cocktail from recipegoldmine.com.
Make and share this Traditional Mexican Shrimp Cocktail recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (48 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice (spicy if desired)
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, de-veined and steamed
- 2 limes, quartered
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a large nonreactive container.
- Chill and serve with limes and Tabasco sauce.
- * Do not over-cook the shrimp, as they will become tough!
- Be careful when steaming the shrimp; you do not want it tough.
I'm Mexican and cook this almost the same exact way! I add a couple of diced tomatoes and a diced jalapeño. I also use yellow lemons instead of limes and add salt to taste. I don't do the cucumbers.
Super tasty and yummy. I used about half of the V-8 in this recipe to make it less soupy.
This was super easy and tasted just like what you would get in a restaurant. I used way less V-8 than called for as I didn't want it so soupy. I only used a 16 oz can. The red onion was a bit strong for me and next time I might try a Vidalia sweet onion instead. Thanks for posting it!!