Recipe by Steph_40135
My husband LOVES this recipe. Not sure where I got this recipe, I didn't make a note. Been making it now for a couple years. I use an 8" x 8" glass baking dish. Can also be made in a Crock Pot!!!
Top Review by Annie M.
Wow! what a great recipe! If you use a crockpot, I would suggest leaving at least a one inch perimeter around the sides. I did not and it burnt around the sides. Also did not like the texture with regular oats, will try quick cooking or bread crumbs next. All and all a great recipe though. Thank you
- 2 large eggs, fork beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs or 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, basil, thyme and onions in a large bowl.
- Add ground beef and pork; mix well.
- Press 1/2 of meat mixture into the bottom of a greased crock pot or pan.
- Spread with cheese.
- Press remaining meat mixture over top.
- FOR CROCKPOT: Cook on LOW 10 to 11 hours or HIGH 5 to 5 1/2 hours.
- Spread ketchup on top during last half hour of cooking.
- FOR OVEN: Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes; spread ketchup on top; continue to bake for 30 minutes longer.
- Leftovers taste great too!