Recipe by Vegan Thanksgiving!
A friend veganized a traditional mashed potato recipe. It was so tasty that we asked for a repeat performance the next year. Double the recipe if making it for a potluck dinner.
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup warm soymilk (maybe more)
- 1⁄4 cup vegan margarine (maybe more)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain well.
- Add soymilk, vegan margarine, salt and pepper; mash until light and fluffy.
- Add more soymilk and vegan margarine, if needed, to get a creamier texture.