MARIA MAC *'s Note:
This is an internet recipe from an inn in Maine. They look delicios. The cook time is acually the time for dipping. It is just a quess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unseasoned mashed potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 lb flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1/2 paraffin wax block (2.5 x 2.5 inches)
- 1Cook potatoes unseasoned, then mash to
- 2make 3/4 cup.
- 3Combine salt, potatoes, melted butter, confectioner's sugar, flaked
- 4coconut and vanilla in a mixer until smooth and well blended.
- 5Turn into a lined jelly roll pan.Spread evenly (mixture will be very thick), then.
- 6place in refrigerator to harden (24 hours).
- 7Cut into small squares and dip in chocolate coating.
- 8For coating: melt paraffin and semi-sweet chocolate at the top of a double boiler.
- 9Turn down heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate has melted but mixture is still slightly thick. Keeping heat low to maintain melt, dip Needhams to coat. Place dipped squares on wax paper to cool. Needhams will keep very well for a long time refrigerated and will
- 10actually improve in flavor over a few weeks.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Maine Needhams
Serving Size: 1 (1814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.5
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 217.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 103.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
paraffin wax block