Recipe by CHEF GRPA
I made this pie this weekend. Got it off a box of Argo Corn Starch, to play with and Wow, we agreed it was one of the best lemon meringue pie we'd ever had.it is real good!!!!!!! IS IT A Blue Ribbon Winners ?? or is it The Ultimate Lemon Meringue Pie ??? I ASK YOU ?
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch (use Argo or Kings ford's)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and corn starch in medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir in water until smooth. Stir in egg yolks.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, and boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice and butter.
- Spoon hot filling into pie crust.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with mixer at high speed until foamy.
- Gradually beat in remaining 1/3 cup sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue evenly over hot filling, sealing to edge of crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire rack at room temperature for 30 minutes;.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.