CHEF GRPA's Note:
I made this pie this weekend. Got it off a box of Argo Corn Starch, to play with and Wow, we agreed it was one of the best lemon meringue pie we'd ever had.it is real good!!!!!!! IS IT A Blue Ribbon Winners ?? or is it The Ultimate Lemon Meringue Pie ??? I ASK YOU ?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine 1 cup sugar and corn starch in medium saucepan.
- 3Gradually stir in water until smooth. Stir in egg yolks.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, and boil 1 minute.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice and butter.
- 7Spoon hot filling into pie crust.
- 8Beat egg whites in small bowl with mixer at high speed until foamy.
- 9Gradually beat in remaining 1/3 cup sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- 10Spread meringue evenly over hot filling, sealing to edge of crust.
- 11Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- 12Cool on wire rack at room temperature for 30 minutes;.
- 13Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Lemon Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.2
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 154.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of