Recipe by texasjj
From 2001 "A Taste of Home" recipe collection. This lasagna always receives rave reviews..............so I keep making it!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 3 cups cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 (8 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook beef and sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the next 7 ingredients and simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine eggs, parsley, cottage cheese and ricotta cheese. Process until smooth.
- In a 13x9x2 baking dish, spread 1 cup meat sauce.
- Layer with 3 noodles, provolone cheese, 2 cups cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup mozarella, 3 noodles, 2 cups meat sauce, remaining cottage cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella. Top with remaining 3 noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-20 minutes longer.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.