1/8 Photos of Traditional Lasagna
2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Carrie Ann's Note:
This recipe by Lorri Foockle won "Grand Prize" in a "Taste of Home" magazine. With five kinds of cheese it is by far THE BEST lasagna I've ever tasted!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 340.19 g bulk pork sausage
- 3 (680.38 g) can tomato sauce
- 2 (340.19 g) can tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 3 eggs
- 44.37 ml minced fresh parsley
- 709.77 ml small curd cottage cheese
- 226.79 g carton ricotta cheese
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 slice provolone cheese
- 709.77 ml shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (12 oz.)
- 1In a skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2Add the next seven ingredients.
- 3Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 4In a bowl, combine the eggs, parsley, cottage cheese, ricotta and parmesan.
- 5Spread 1 cup of meat sauce in an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- 6Layer with 3 noodles, provolone cheese, 2 cups of cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup of mozzarella, three noodles, 2 cups of meat sauce, remaining cottage cheese mixture and 1 cup of mozzarella.
- 7Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella (dish will be full).
- 8Cover and bake at 375°F for 50 minutes.
- 9Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer.
- 10Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.3
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 153.8 mg
- Sodium 1367.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 40.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: