Prep 1 min
Cook 8 mins
This is the everyday tea that you will find being served in all the households in Kuwait. It is refreshing & with a delicate flavour & aroma.
- 236.59 ml water
- 2 whole green cardamom pods, crushed
- 1.23 ml saffron strand (pinch)
- 1 tea bag
- 4.92 ml sugar (to taste)
- Put the tea bags, saffron & cardamon into a pan & add the water. Cover & bring to the boil. (if you do not like your tea strong, you can add the tea bag just after the water has boiled).
- Turn off heat then allow to steep for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into cup (use tea strainer!) and add sugar to taste.
Made exactly as written, wouldn't change a thing. What a lovely mug of tea. It was perfect, I love cardamom and saffron this was a no brainer for me. Thanks for sharing this recipe, that I will enjoy again. Made for NA/ME Feb Fun in the Sun 2013.
I made for this lovely tea breakfast this morning and it was delicious. I don't believe that I've ever had tea with saffron in it before. I used Darjeeling tea and it had a pretty golden accent to the color and the cardamom flavor was also a real pleasure. In short this is a wonderful tea that will be made again. :D
This is really good but I wouldnt call hot tea refreshing but lovely none the less. I always use a bit more than one cup water and it turns out almost perfect. I don't like strong tea so I do put the tea bag in the water after boiling and then I remove it from the burner to calm the boiling down a bit and turn the burner heat down I then simmer it for 1 1/2 minutes. This was a wonderful cup of tea which I had with breakfast. I will definitely make this again. Made for Ramadan Tag.