Recipe by chelseadancer
Delicious Italian pizzelles. (They're not waffles!) Pizzelle iron needed to make!
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine (melt in glass measuring cup in microwave for 45 seconds)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the eggs in a large bowl and with a wire whisk beat until foamy- add sugar 1/4 cup at a time. Beat until smooth.
- Add margarine and flavoring.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. add to above!
- Blend until smooth, scrape sides of bowls to combine well.
- Drop batter by teaspoon full measures on to preheated Pizzelle Iron.
- Bake 30 seconds- till golden.
- Remove with a fork- let them cool- add powdered sugar.