Recipe by Donna LaMonica
Thin, light, and crisp - just the way I like them! You need to use a Pizzelle baker for these cookies, but the investment is well worth the raves and reviews (not to mention the requests) for these cookies wherever your bring them to share.
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs.
- Add cooled melted butter, anise oil, and vanilla a little bit at a time until blended.
- Sift together all dry ingredients and gradually add to wet mixture. (Batter should be stiff enough to be dropped by spoonfuls onto hot pizzelle baker.).