- 1360.77 g boneless lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 22.18 ml minced fresh parsley leaves
- 4.92 ml dried thyme, crumbled
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 1360.77 g boiling potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 453.59 g carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 stalk celery, trimmed and ribs cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 88.74 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 7 to 8-quart kettle simmer lamb, parsley, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste in 4 cups broth, covered, 1 1/2 hours.
- To lamb mixture add potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, and remaining 2 cups broth and simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour and oil until smooth and stir into simmering stew until well incorporated.
- Simmer stew, uncovered, until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.