Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 35 mins
I found this on the food network site and wanted to save it here so I'd be able to find it again. Recipe from Gourmet Magazine
- 3 lbs boneless lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 lbs boiling potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 stalks celery, trimmed and ribs cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- In a 7 to 8-quart kettle simmer lamb, parsley, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste in 4 cups broth, covered, 1 1/2 hours.
- To lamb mixture add potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, and remaining 2 cups broth and simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour and oil until smooth and stir into simmering stew until well incorporated.
- Simmer stew, uncovered, until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
This is very easy, tasty and filling. The only change I would make is adding some garlic. Cook time was perfect.
I'm using this for a school report and I find it very helpful and tasty!