1/1 Photo of traditional Irish Ham and Cabbage Dinner
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place thyme, parsley, and onion in a cheese cloth for easy removal after cooking.
- 2Put ham into a large pot and cover with cold water.
- 3Add all other ingredients except cabbage and bring to a boil.
- 4Turn to simmer and cook until veggies are tender.
- 5Remove the herb bag.
- 6Add cabbage, simmer for 20 minutes.
- 7or until cabbage is cooked.
- 8Remove ham and cut in to pieces.
- 9Place on the center of a large platter.
- 10Strain the cabbage and season it with pepper.
- 11Surround the ham with the cabbage, carrots, and potatoes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for traditional Irish Ham and Cabbage Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.2
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.9 mg
- Sodium 3195.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 47.4 g