Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like the use of cabbage instead of lettuce in this recipe, though if you prefer lettuce, by all means, sub-away. I also personally prefer lime juice to lemon, but I got this recipe from my Mom, & have posted it the way she gave it to me. Of course, there is always feta cheese to be considered...
- 1 cucumber, peeled,sliced,halved,& seeded
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped or sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 head green cabbage
- 1 green pepper, seeded & sliced
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 tablespoon coriander or 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh & chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano or 1 tablespoon marjoram, fresh & chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Toss everything into a bowl, mix it up& serve.
I used lettuce and added feta cheese, so my review is mostly for the dressing...I've been searching for a Greek salad dressing that wasn't too oily and this was PERFECT!! I will make this again and again. Thanks.
This was colorful,light and GOOD.I really enjoyed this salad and the olives and cabbage were a great addition and flavor combination.Next time I make this I will try adding some Feta cheese too!Thanks for a great summer salad!!