Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 min
The only thing I was determined to do after having had several traditional Greek salads while in Greece was to recreate it. They look so much more simpler than those served in some restaurants in England. The recreation is a success and is similar to the ones we had in Greece. It is absolutely delicious. Definitely a recommendation from me. Don't believe me? Try it!
- 2 -4 beef tomatoes, depending on size
- 2 red onions, sliced into semi-rings
- 1 cucumber, thick quarts
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 -10 black olives
- 200 g feta cheese, cut into slabs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Prepare the vegetables. Wash them thoroughly. Cut them, illustrated (below).
- Pour in olive oil, olives and lemon juice. Mix well with salad. If you like, sprinkle a pinch of salt inches.
- Dish out.
- Place feta slabs on salad or on the side.
- Sprinkle some oregano on the feta cheese (mmhh!).
I crumbled the feta on top of the salad and didn't use as much onion as the recipe called for. Serve this salad with grilled flat bread and it is perfect.