Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
The original of this recipe was found in As You Like It Cookbook, 2001.
- 1⁄2 cup tofu, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soymilk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup artichoke heart, canned
- 2 tablespoons vegan mozzarella cheese or 2 tablespoons vegan mozzarella cheese, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallion, finely sliced
- In a bowl blend together the tofu, arrowroot & sesame oil, then add the soy milk & salt, mixing to blend.
- Put oil in a 7" or 8" omelet pan & heat over medium-low heat, before adding tofu mixture, being.sure to spread it quickly onto the surface of the pan.
- In another bowl, mix together artichoke hearts, mozzarella, bell pepper, olives & scallion, then sprinkle this mixture evenly over the tofu mixture.
- Cover & cook about 5 minutes or until frittata is completely done.
- Be sure to keep heat on medium-low to prevent bottom of the tofu mixture from burning (OR you can cook the frittata in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 5 to 8 minutes, using an ovenproof pan).
- The frittata can be enjoyed either hot or at room temperature.