Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The original of this recipe was found in As You Like It Cookbook, 2001.
Make and share this Traditional Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk & salt, mixing to blend.
- Put oil in a 7" or 8" omelet pan & heat over medium-low heat, before adding egg mixture.
- In another bowl, mix together artichoke hearts, cheese, bell pepper, olives & scallion, then sprinkle this mixture evenly over the egg.
- Cover & cook about 5 minutes or until eggs are completely done.
- Be sure to keep heat on medium-low to prevent bottom of eggs from burning (OR you can cook the frittata in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 5 to 8 minutes, using an ovenproof pan).
- The frittata can be enjoyed either hot or at room temperature.
I had this for lunch today and I liked it. I subbed in ripe olives for the kalamata olives, but everything else was the same. I love the method because most other frittatas are finished in the oven and I don't like to turn it on in the summer. I did have the burner up too high so the bottom cooked faster and I had to turn it over to get the top cooked. Next time I will turn the burner down and there will be a next time.