In my opinion, this is the way French Toast should taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, beat the eggs until they form a smooth liquid consistency (it's best to use and electric hand mixer for about 30 seconds).
- 2Add milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon to the eggs and mix well.
- 3Thoroughly coat each slice of bread with the mixture but be sure not to soak the bread!
- 4Place the bread in a heated, greased pan on medium heat. Cook until the top of the bread looks as if it is "drying out" (you'll be able to tell). You can always take a peek and be sure to flip the bread when it is a lovely golden brown.
- 5Serve with any topping that suits your fancy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.1
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 215.7 mg
- Sodium 864.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 18.5 g