Recipe by Gidg
This is a recipe from Gulliver's Restaurant in Irvine, Ca. My family started a tradition years ago to make prime rib, Yorkshire pudding, creamed corn and trifle for Christmas dinner. This recipe is so easy and very delicious. I like it sweeter, so I add more sugar. The last two ingredients are called "Roux" and they are what make the creamed corn thicken. Enjoy!
Top Review by Ilovemy4kids
Just what I have been looking for. Made this as a side dish to roast sticky chicken ( recipe # 8782) and cornbread. Be careful not to use too much flour or it gets too thick. Thank you for posting.
- 2 (20 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels
- 8 ounces regular whipping cream or 8 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces homogenized milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons sugar, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour